“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” -- Margaret Mead

Friday, June 8, 2012

Reflections of a Graduate


Hola, amigos y amigas! Hello, friends! I'm very happy to announce that I've written my very first guest blog post. Here's what I learned:
It's not who you know. It's who knows you. I first heard this from our LLI program manager, Dario Collado. I didn't realize the truth behind it until Anna Giraldo Kerr, who I met at the LLI, asked me to write a guest blog post. Anna and I connected at the LLI when I expressed to her my passion for writing, a value she shared (she's a career coach and award-winning writer). Over the course of the last year, we've kept in touch through e-mail and social media. When she saw my graduation photos on Facebook, I got an email invitation to write, which I enthusiastically agreed to! The lesson: Connect with someone by sharing common values and you create a positive experience, opening the door of opportunity for more interactions. 

Anna and I discuss our love for writing.
She introduced me to Latinos in College and motivated me to start my own blog.
Drum roll please .... Tada! Click here to read the post on Latinos in College.

No comments:

Post a Comment